Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vera Wang 2012 Fall Bridal Collection

Wedding dress designer extraordinaire, Vera Wang, has shocked the wedding world with her 2012 Fall Bridal Collection. Actually maybe we should just call it 'collection' because there was not a white dress insight, rather all non-traditional tones like nude and jet black. Vera described the collection as "both mysterious and sexy, frivolous and fun." In the past Vera's collections have always included a sprits of colour here and there, like soft grays, lavender and green, but this weeks show turned its back on the white dress completely. The sixteen piece collection did not show one single white or ivory gown, however, in true Vera Wang style, the design, fabric and styling of the collection was dreamy. But still, more of an evening wear collection than bridal wear to me. What are your thoughts?



3 Love Notes:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Not very bridal at all. I do not like it much

Anonymous said...

Love. I've never liked overly traditional dresses. These are beautiful. I'd much rather wear those nude, fitted, fishtail gowns than a white meringue.

Frog Princess said...

I think they are lovely gowns, but to be honest, i don't know if Ms Wang is going to sell many or make much money on them. The black wearing bride, although still very fabulous, is few and far between. I'll be interested to see how many of the gowns we see in the future worn by 'real brides'. I know they will be featured in photo shoots, but on real brides ??